The VTech® Kidizoom® Action Cam was provided by VTech so I could experience its features with my family; however, the thoughts and opinions are my your own.
Have you ever wanted to see the world through the eyes of your child? I definitely have. The non-stop energy and every day adventure! Children have a way of exploring the world, that as adults, we sometimes have forgotten. They are so curious and aware of (but have limited interaction) with our fast-paced technology tools! I was thrilled to learn VTech developed a durable, and easy to navigate, action cam for kids! It has given my two boys the opportunity to now cultivate, create and catalog their own adventures!
How is Hayden using his VTech® Kidizoom® Action Cam? First, of course, he checked out the games! Each game requires use of different buttons- so he is utilizing cognitive and motor skills. Next he loves to set-up and photograph scenes utilizing his action figures! For this application, the multi-shot feature has been SO fun to discover! Another fave feature of his (and mine) involves the video recording of his little brother in motion & song! Together they review the comedy and share in the laughs! Who knows Hayden may have discovered a love for being a professional director, actor or set designer! He is very proud of his work and spends a great deal of time creating different scenarios!
We look forward to the weather warming, so we can mount the camera to his 4 wheeler and bike! We also can’t wait to record in water play at an upcoming family trip to a local indoor water park! This action cam for kids was designed, and loaded, with useful features!
- The quality of the camera body, screen and mounting accessories are ALL equal to that of higher priced action cameras, marketed towards adults!
- Battery life has proven good and recharging time is fast.
- Price is on target for the numerous features- this is a device a child will continue to grow into.
- My boys have taken some surprisingly creative photos and I would love for them to be able to print! Resolution for print is low- however on-line sharing is definitely possible.
Recently we had the camera at a public gathering and it was amazing to watch Hayden show other adults how much he loved this camera. His excitement and enthusiasm was the ultimate form of review- I now know several of his friends’ parents who will definitely be considering this child-friendly action cam for their own families.
Would I recommend? Absolutely! At five, I really feel Hayden is just beginning to discover the action cam’s usefulness- in the next 2-4 years he will still be discovering things like photo editing and sharing but may have lost interest in the games, which are well- suited to the younger audience. In my opinion, this is a device that encourages creativity and adventure and will grow with your child.
Features of the VTech® Kidizoom® Action Cam (Ages 4+ years, MSRP: $59.99)
- 1.4 inch color LCD screen
- built in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- micro USB cable for data transfer and battery charging
- expandable memory up to 32GB with a microSD card. (Sold separately).
- (3) built-in games
- stop motion and time-lapse recording
- special effects including customized photo frames and filters.
- Available in yellow/black or purple colors
- Waterproof case
- mounting accessories- Flat, bike and mounting shell
- wrist strap