Every Thursday, we bring our True Tales from the Pink & Blue Series- which focuses on the ups and downs, the hilarious and the not-so funny moments, surrounding parenthood inspired by our own toddlers and preschoolers.
My co-host on this series is the fabulous tech mom Melissa from Home on Deranged. Not only is she now hosting a TV segment but she is also a co-author in the new Motherhood May Cause Drowsiness book! I have buying this book, on my list of things to do this week! After working with Melissa for over a year, I consider her not only a brilliant writer, but also a trusted friend, so I hope you will visit her blog.
Another project we hold near and dear to our heart is our 2014 Holiday Gift Guide, which is currently in development and features some fantastic brands and giveaways. It truly is a labor of love, so any time you enter or share a giveaway- it means SO much.
Now what is the topic for this weeks #TrueTales? Well, its actually a just because post and dedicated to ALL moms. A local store in town is promoting their “just because” bouquet. I will tell you I had a rough week, physically and mentally. I pulled a muscle in my back. No worries, no complaints! I am on the mend. but full-time motherhood and parenting, had to go on throughout the healing.
I am sure many of you had an even tougher week, so I wanted to dedicate this “just because” post to you!
You’ve Got a Friend in Me
This is for you, moms!
- The ones who constantly eat cold dinners to make sure everyone else gets fed before it turns messy. Then, cleans up said mess. (I calculated a minimum 19,656 table cleanings).
- If you have ever cooked multiple meals to please a picky eater or due to allergy.
- Or if you regularly sneak candy after the little ones bedtime, to avoid sharing.
- For the moms who might pick up, step on, listen to and/or fix the same toys repeatedly. Perhaps even purposely “lost a toy” (shhh….I have heard that happens).
- The ones who have battled to get the beloved blankie into the wash. Or played the nightly game of Where in the house, is my beloved blankie? (The live action version of Where’s Waldo?)
- The women who gets the flu last, after taking care of “our precious little germ bombs.”
Whether to you are a stay at home, work at home or working mom- I salute you. I have been all. They ALL have “those” days.
- For any mom who has badly needed and taken a time-out for herself.
- If you have ever needed a playdate or brought your child to a coffee shop to avoid cleaning the house. You are not alone.
- Moms like me who might wear clothing years out of style and sometimes WAY beyond the fit, to make sure the household budget will work.
- The brave ladies that endure Jake and the Neverland Pirate episode repeats, or the theme song to Frozen karaoke style.
- The gals who clean up potty training hits and misses (or in a house of men the every day, regular hits and misses)
If you were ever inspired by Pinterest to create interesting child related projects, failed miserably and given up. I am here with you. I have suffered actual “Post Pinterest Depression”
- If you are a mom that is now able to mostly avoid using web MD after a playdate discussions of current illnesses…Well, because you trust your ability to “read poop and mucus, yep me, too.
- If you haven’t had a truly peaceful or uninterrupted shower (in years) OR you look like you’ve showered with clothes on- after bathing your kids…. I feel ya, sister.
Being a mom can be dirty, filled with boogers, farts and is sometimes thankless work. It is ALSO very rewarding- but take this moment to just breathe and think “it’s almost Friday!”
Oh yeah…. Fridays mean squat!
Seriously….even during the roughest of weeks, you are in good company. (I know there are fantastic fathers out there and I will write you a post someday) but this post is just because, and just for, the moms.
Some blogs out there make motherhood look so perfect and clean- sometimes I read them and feel less than adequate. How do they make it look so easy? I actually enjoy the mess (sans the backache). I am not afraid to show you truth and laugh at myself a little!
If you will, share one “Toast” or “Cheers” to other moms in the comments! Then let’s hope for a great new week to come!