Stay warm with a cup of Hot Vanilla!
I found many variations for this recipe! In the end, I went with my own instincts….and it was good! I also included some alternative suggestions below the recipe! This is a sweet (& easy) change of pace from Hot Chocolate!
Hot Vanilla Recipe:
1 Cup Milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Warm milk and sugar on stove (Med-Hi) until simmering or microwave 1 minute 30 seconds (approx). Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Stir in remaining ingredients and top as desired. Enjoy!
2 crumbled golden oreos
I enjoyed with an Vanilla Almond Biscotti
- I used whole milk, because that is what we have with toddlers, but use with 2% or 1%. Wondering if I should try with Almond milk…HMMMM???
- Instead of nutmeg- replace with pumpkin spice or cinnamon or a mix of BOTH!
- In place of sugar, if you prefer, artificial sweeteners will also work.
- In place of Golden Oreo crumbs, try Nilla Wafers or white chocolate shavings!
- Add drizzle of caramel syrup- yum, can’t go wrong with caramel!!!