I bring you this post today, written by Lorraine from Created For Healing, because I have personally benefited and used the product in my home. I was not compensated for this post or any links in it.
It is a pleasure to share this information! Follow Lorraine on Facebook for more Young Living Essential Oil tips & tricks!
Thieves essential oil is a highly ant-infectious and immune stimulating blend made that contains: Eucalyptus, rosemary, cinnamon, clove, and lemon. Thieves was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims.
Thieves® Oil Blend was tested at Weber State University and found to have a 99.96 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria. It was found to be highly anti-infectious and supportive of the immune system.
Here are some ways to use Thieves Essential Oil
- Apply twice daily, morning and night, for extra support during cold and flu season, especially before leaving for school, work, or going out in public.
I have a pre made diluted Thieves blend with half carrier oil for my kids. When my kids are showing the first systems if illness, I apply this blend every 20 minutes. I also diffuse this every few hours to help fight germs and get better faster. It also help sease most of the symptoms associated with colds, the flu, and more.
- Mix one drop with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat. For children it can be applied diluted externally to the throat. Or also be added to a spoon of local honey.
- Mix 1-2 drops with honey in a teaspoon for cough relief & Diffuse.
- Put 5-8 drops in a capsule with a little olive oil and swallow at first sign of a cold.
- Mix 15-20 drops in a 14oz. spray bottle and mist school or office desks and other surfaces to disinfect and reduce sickness. Thieves Household Cleaner is another great option. All you need is a capful to a spray bottle and add water. You can make up a spray bottle for home, school, work, and a smaller one for your purse and diaper bag.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil in your home to keep to purify and cleanse the air of viruses, bacterial, and mold.
- Rub a couple drops Thieves essential oil on gums to promote gum health and even tooth pain.
- Great for cold sores, braces pain, wisdom tooth pain.
- Diffuse for 30 minutes before children come home from school every day to promote wellness.
- Make your own carpet freshener and disinfectant by adding 16-20 drops Thieves essential oil in 1 cup Baking Soda in a container. Then allow to sit over night covered so the essential oil can be absorbed. Shake then sprinkle on carpet, let sit for a little while, then vacuum.
- Mix several drops with 1 cup of baking soda to scrub to make an all natural scrub blend to clean sinks, tubs, and more.
- Make your own foam hand soap by adding 5-10 drops Thieves oil, with 3 Tbsp. liquid castile soap to an empty foaming soap dispenser, then fill with filtered water, then cover & shake.
- Make your own bathroom cleaner, great for mold, mildew. Add 15-20 drops and 4 ounces liquid castle soap to a 32 oz. spray bottle and fill with water. Shake before each use to re-disperse oils.
- Freshen smelly shoes or sneakers; put several drops Thieves essential oil on a cotton ball, place cotton ball in shoes over night to kill odors.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add a several drops to your laundry cycle to sanitize clothes.
These are just a few of the many ways to use Thieves. Thieves essential oils blend is a school year and fall & winter necessity to have on hand.
Be prepared and get Thieves in the Premium Starter Kit with a Free diffuser, along with 10 other essential oils. Happy Oiling!
SPECIAL NOTE from The noise of boys:
Only buy essential oils from a reputable source. Many essential oils are perfume grade ( and may contain unnecessary or unsafe additives)
Young Living Essential Oils are therapeutic grade and thoroughly tested for purity and quality.